Game Day Dip
For this yearâ€™s big game, make your party dip from scratch! Simplify the prep by chopping once and dividing the primary ingredients between your salsa and guacamole. Then layer them into one big, delicious dip.
TOTAL TIME:30 min.
- 3 medium vine-on tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ÂĽ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Â˝ medium bell pepper, chopped
- Â˝ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- Tortilla chips
In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, garlic and onion. In another medium bowl, mash avocados; stir in Â˝ cup tomato mixture and the chipotle chili powder.
To remaining tomato mixture, stir in jalapeno and bell pepper.
Divide cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt evenly between tomato mixture and avocado mixture; set aside.
In 10â€ť shallow bowl or on platter, spread beans. Spread sour cream, then guacamole over beans. Spoon salsa over guacamole.
Serve immediately. Serve with tortilla chips.
To make ahead, make salsa and guacamole as directed. Place plastic wrap over top of guacamole. Cover and refrigerate salsa and guacamole up to 3 hours. Spread beans and sour cream on platter; cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble. Spread guacamole over sour cream. With slotted spoon, spoon salsa over guacamole; serve.