Berry and Cherry Sauce
Use this sweet and rich sauce with grilled or roasted meats.
TOTAL TIME:35 minutes
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup hearty, dry red wine, such as zinfandel, or 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ā…› tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. toasted mustard seeds
- 2 strips lemon peel (2ā€¯x14ā€¯)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 pints mixed raspberries, blueberries and cherries
Mix all ingredients except fruit in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add berries and cherries. Simmer 30 minutes, cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove cinnamon and lemon peel before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation, www.FruitsandVeggiesMoreMatters.org